Primary Features & Benefits:
- Fast temperature transition rates – comparable to some cryogenic systems.
- Proven, industry-standard ultra-low temp refrigeration system.
- An energy-efficient single-stage refrigeration system is capable of removing heat at -40°C.
- A two-stage refrigeration system is as low as -70°C.
- No L-N2 or L-CO2 tanks are needed.
- Causes no Oxygen displacement.
- Chassis Mounted Platform or benchtop with under bench remote refrigeration stand.
- Optional Polycarbonate cover reduces condensation and frost (Standard or Low ESD).
- Optional Dry Air or G-N2 purge systems available.
- Consult Factory for colder temperatures.
- Uses our popular premier Synergy Controller.
Synergy Controller standard features include:
- Logging, graphing, flexible compressor configurations.
- Serial, USB, USB mouse, Ethernet, SPTP, and FTP.
- Optional Web server and GPIB communication.
- Optional Cascade Temperature Control Software.
- Cascade Control Software requires a secondary Sensor.
- Multiple Secondary Sensor options are available.
- Optional 16 Channel Sensor module. Connect four-module for 64 Temperature Channels.
- Remote Controller umbilical length options
SC denotes single-stage refrigeration to -40°C
SCC denotes two-stage refrigeration to -70°C
Model # SC/ SCC14 3.75″ x 3.75″ usable surface area (14 sq. in / 90 sq. cm)
Model # SC/ SCC 49 6.5″ x 7.5″ usable surface area (49 sq. in / 315 sq. cm)
Model # SC/ SCC98 6.5″ x 15″ usable surface area (98 sq. in / 630 sq. cm)
Model # SC/ SCC144 12″ x 12″ usable surface area (144 sq. in / 929 sq. cm)
Model # SC/ SCC288 12″ x 24″ usable surface area (288 sq. in / 1858 sq. cm)
Model # SC/ SCC450 18″ x 25″ usable surface area (450 sq. in / 2903 sq. cm)
SC144 ice forming to -20°C
The Next Generation TotalTemp Thermal Platforms
The Next Generation TotalTemp Mechanically Refrigerated Thermal Platforms are specifically designed for customers who do not have or do not want to use expendable cryogenic coolants and who do not require the fastest hot to cold ramp times. These platforms deliver efficient and precisely controlled temperature conditioning to devices that have a flat thermally conductive surface. When using thermal conduction to condition the device at hot and/or cold temperatures, the results are much faster than using thermal convection, as in environmental chambers.
The unique embedded copper tube cooling channel concept designed by TotalTemp, integrated with a high-density arrangement of long-life durable AC cartridge heaters, provides a comprehensive system able to deliver hot and cold temperature cycling and conditioning on demand. With extremely accurate temperature uniformity and minimal thermal gradients at temperature, TTI has truly created “The Next Generation in Performance” at a price you can handle.
All TotalTemp, single-stage Mechanically Refrigerated products are designed to operate between -40°C and +200°C with a single-stage compressor.
Two-stage systems are designed to achieve -70°C.
Our Refrigerated Thermal Platform systems use commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) ultra-low temperature refrigeration compressor components. The single-stage SC49-N and SC144-N system can cool the 7.5″ x 6.5″ or 12” square surface from +120°C to -40°C in less than 8 minutes. That’s an average of better than 20 degrees per minute for the whole transition from hot to cold.
Cascade refrigeration systems that cool to -70°C are typically a little slower.